Those Times in Life

     There are several life milestone times in which we just don't know how we will handle until we are faced with it.  We have had such an experience this past week.  It has been filled with emotions, fear, reservation, strength, smiles, encouragement, tears and just about every other emotion a human heart and mind can hold.

     As of Yesterday, we moved my mother in law into a nursing home.  She is 87 years young and has been living in a suit we built onto our home for her for the past almost 2 years.  We enjoyed having her here so very much.  However, with her eye sight almost completely gone and her hearing not far behind, she has been having a lot of problems living day to day without constant care.  Though we were in and out many times a day and other family as well, it still left many hours of her being there alone, unable to hear or see a television, unable to see her Bible to read it, and unable to find joy in her day because of the ever closing in world she is living in.

     The transition of her not being here has been harder on us than on her I think... We have all shed tears and just feel like something is missing.. We have spent hours each day at the new home she is now trying to get acquainted with.  She is already making friends, the food there is great, the staff are angels, and we already feel like we are going to see a vibrant new life for her there.  As much as we miss her, we are excited for her.  We prayed and really put a lot of thought into where she would go.  Her safety and happiness were at utmost importance to all of us.  She is already giving us very good feed back on how sweet everyone is there and how clean and nice the facility is.   We are thankful and relieved, but still a bit heart bruised by her absence here at home.

     One thing is for sure; when going thru things like this, knowing the Lord makes it all so much easier. Knowing "she" knows the Lord helps our hearts as well.  She has sown many seeds in her time.  Seeds of love, seeds of wisdom, seeds of knowledge, all stemming from her relationship with The Lord.  My youngest daughter and I were with her at church the day I was saved.  I will NEVER forget that day.  Had she not spent time talking with me the few days before about some dreams I had been having and invited me to church, my life may not be what it is today.  I am thankful for her. I am thankful for the life I have now after becoming a Christian almost 27 years ago.

     I realize I am going off on a rabbit trail here , but hey, my mind is reeling with a thousand thoughts and feelings right now.  Most of all, I am just at peace knowing Vivian is a Child of God and no matter what her future holds, she belongs to HIM.  Therefore, ALL will work together for her good just like He promises for each of His children.

     Praying you are all blessed with an elderly loved one that has shown you what life is really about. Be Blessed, and Go Bless Others. <3  AND REMEMBER ~ YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS! <3
#TrinityCommunity #trinity #ElderlyLove #GodsGal #NewFriends #LifeChanges #GodStaysTheSame

Comments