The Heart of a Servant



     Today one of the greatest men of God in our Nation and I dare say the world, went home.   Social media is packed full of his quotes, his stats of people reached, his smiling face.  My mind reflects back to my grandmother.  Sunshine beaming through the window of her hospital room, a bird singing on the tree branch within sight of all of us as she took her last breath.  Losing her was not hard.  Of course selfishly we wanted more time with her.  However, to know she was Home was much more on our hearts.  She was seeing the face of God.  Just as Reverend Graham did this morning.

     When we look at life and death as a worldly resident it can drain us of every morsel of hope.  It can also fill us with fear that cripples us.  When Jesus lives inside of us it is a total different story.  One filled with truth, direction, peace, and an eternity that is unimaginably perfect.  These days it is becoming more and more difficult to separate ourselves from the devices of this planet.  The enemy is gaining ground and we are being smacked in the face at an alarming rate with sin in every genre.  We must march on.

     One can only imagine what hard things Reverend Graham came up against during all these years of obedience to the ONE who called him to spread HIS word.  The enemy shoots the hardest against those listening and following God's call on their lives.  But God.... He arms us.  He delivers us.  He strengthens us.  He forms new doors and closes damaged windows.  He breathes on us.  He gives us life where the enemy meant death and destruction.  When we truly obey His calling we need not worry at all.  He equips us with everything we will need to carry out that duty with grace and love.

     I heard on the radio this morning that Reverend Graham was saved when a traveling Evangelist came through his town.  What might have happened if said traveling Evangelist had not listened to the drawing of the Lord to go far and wide spreading the Gospel to all that would listen?  What if Billy Graham would not have surrendered to the drawing of the Holy Spirit when his heart began to race and he knew that something larger than himself was about to take over?  I cannot recall the exact number, but somewhere in the millions have heard Reverend Graham deliver God's Word and close to that have also accepted Christ as their savior.  WOW! Eternity changer!!

     One thing leads to another, and another, and another.  I ask myself today, where can I be more obedient to my Lord and Savior in order to carry out the  call on my life?  What have I been out of alignment with Him on that has made me a stumbling block to others? I pray God will lead and light the path thru me, taking me places I never dreamt I would go, all in His name and honor.  I want to be like Jesus!! I want to shine with His love!! I want to be like Reverend Graham!! I want to be obedient in every detail of my life and serve the Glorious God of creation with ALL of me.  I want to live scripture.  I want to only be in this world, not of it, and to know the difference!!

     Close your eyes and just visualize Reverend Graham walking through those gates, The Lord's arms wide open to receive him.  The complete non existence of any pain, sadness, discomfort, loneliness, anxiety, depression. illness, confusion, etc...  This is what is offered through Christ Jesus.  Eternity.  Eternity of Hope. Eternity of gladness.  Everything Lovely. Everything True. Everything Pure.  I pray that if you don't know Christ, if you know you need a savior, you will stop right now, bow your head to the One that loves you more than any person here ever could, repent of your sins, know ~ Believe that he is the Son of God, Sacrificed on a cross, buried and raised from the dead to live for evermore on the Throne with God, ALL for you!! <3 Dig deep into His word.  Find someone that can help you in this new walk. Confirm you are a new Creature in Christ with your daily living.  Be obedient to God.  You may be the very one meant to introduce Jesus to someone you love, and in turn saving them from an eternity in hell. Hell is real.  We cannot forget that.

     Go bless others.  Live a life of freedom, hope, peace, and mercy.  Walk daily knowing that on the day you leave this world you too will be welcomed into heaven just as Reverend Graham was today.  I am sure he heard, " Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."  

     Praise be to God for obedient Christians.  For without them, where would we be?

John 14:21 ~ He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

#BillyGraham #ServantsHeart
   

Comments