Victim or Victor?? Changes in our country continued...



     If you read my post from last night you already know I was stirred up by our meeting with our Insurance agent over the new Affordable Care Act plans.  I spent way too much time worrying and planning and fretting through out the night over it all and all I accomplished was losing sleep.  

     It has been on my mind today as well, but in a new light.  I go back to the Serenity Prayer and realize this is one of those things I cannot fight, so now I have to decide to feel irritated, angry, and ultimately damage my health over the "health care policies", OR, I can change things in my own life to take more control of finances and get creative, developing ideas and following thru with them in order to better our standing in our future.  I have decided to go with the latter. :) 

     My husband had already talked about pushing hard with some ideas and coming up with an extra $10,000.00 a year to put down on the principle of the house so we can pay it off much quicker then our loan is expected to be paid off.  With this in mind, i too have been brainstorming this afternoon.  Not only about ways to "make" more money, but seriously facing the fact of just how much we waste!!  There is hidden money in sooo many places you do not realize~!  

     Here is my plan ~ I will be taking this year, week by week, digging into our life and finding money that we overlook.  It is going to get ugly, I know that for sure!  Thinking about some of the ways I KNOW we can find wasted money makes me cringe.  This is not only a plan to come up with the extra money in order to take tighter control of our finances, but a true test of just what we are willing to be humble enough to do in order to secure our future with more peace of mind.  

     I would LOVE for some of you to join me in this!  I will post pics and plans of what I will be doing each week to try my best to accomplish this task!  My goal ~ Coming up with another 10,000.00 this year to PLUNK down on the house! ;)  

     Along with all of this, I am still working on getting this blog set up the way I want it, so bear with me.  Please feel free to leave comments and idea's! 

     God BLess!! 

                        

Comments