Established, Seek ~ Don't Sink



As we walk through this journey we call life we will encounter many emotions, many obstacles, many defeats.  We will also encounter times of great peace, bridges over the rough waters, and victories.  Often this seems to come in waves through our days, weeks, months and even years.  I am convinced it doesn't have to pull us under water each time.

God is doing a work in me.  He is doing a work in you.  It doesn't matter where you are in life at the moment.  He has a plan, and He will see it come to pass.  He is God. Your creator.  Your Father.  He doesn't mess around.

The enemy is hard at work constantly doing all he can to "undo" you.  Unravel your peace.  Divide your home.  Restrict your power.  Lie to your heart.  Place a veil before your eyes.  Confuse your spirit.

satan, ( yes I realize I did not capitalize his name, I do not feel he deserves that recognition), does not choose his victims per their social status, income, color, location, career, or spiritual gift.  he wants ALL of us.  he is going after you, your children, your mother & father,  your neighbor, your spouse, your pastor, your boss, your ex, your in laws, and even your grandma...

he will convince you that you have nothing to offer.  he will remind you of every bad decision you ever made.  he will rob you of joy by filling you with fear.  he will dissolve your hopes with comparisons and convince you that what seems to be in your heart to do must be but a fairytale dream, unreachable, unattainable, or even unnecessary.  he will cause you to look at others with judgement.  he will blind your eyes to goodness and love that others try to show you.  he will twist words, fire up tongues against you, and dig deep into your past to scrape open old scars.  he will leave you full of anxiety.  Depress you to the point of needing an escape and then filling your mind with ways to just "leave this world".  he is ruthless. 

THIS is why we MUST be ESTABLISHED.

I started studying this about a year and a half ago and just ran across it all in my old journal this evening.  That God of mine ~ HE always , and I mean ALWAYS leads us to exactly what we need WHEN WE SEEK HIM.  Key words ~ Seek Him!! A pastor at our old church would sometimes preach about how God wants us to step out and that He isn't going to walk back to our seat and drag us to the altar by our hair.. Wouldn't life maybe easier if He did!! Sure, but it wouldn't be our authentic truth "moving us".. He wants us to move towards Him.  He wants to give us "every good thing".  However, until we become truly and completely Established, we will never find that FULLNESS.

I will be the first to admit, I am still a work in progress with this.  I want to declare "I have made it, I am 100% established".. But that would be untruth.  I struggle.  I can however tell you, I truly 100% WANT TO be Established!! I grow daily.  I find daily that though life is becoming stranger and more overwhelming in this world, HE does not change.  His power is still out front, winning battle after battle.  His Word is 100% Truth.  It doesn't waver. I cannot go one day without Him. The more I seek Him, the more peace I have.  The more I seek Him, the less I care about having to understand everything and the more focused I become on just "doing" what he lays on my heart to do, even if it doesn't seem to make sense by the world's standards.

The enemy can really get into our heads.  But ~ If we are pushing with everything we have to make the decision and become and remain Established in the Lord and HIS word, and we SEEK HIM daily, our waves of life will calm, the seas will become still, we will be able to float on peace and walk on water without fear.  When we stop seeking, we start sinking... SEEK ~ don't SINK!!

When looking up the true definition of Establish in the Bible I found several, but the following one really spoke to my heart most.

"To enact or decree by authority and for permanence; to ordain; to appoint; as, to establish laws, regulations, institutions, rules, ordinances"

Ohhhhh, That first part!!! PTL!! "To enact or decree BY AUTHORITY and FOR PERMANENCE"... WOAH!!! BOOM! 

We MUST, with Authority AND Permanence, Enact our Establishment IN the WORD and WITH THE LORD!!! Amen!!
This word may not be for anyone but ME this late night.. But God is speaking to my soul, refreshing my spirit when the enemy spent the earlier part of the day trying to snuff my joy out.  One thing I can tell you FOR SURE.  Had I not taken the time to SEEK HIM this evening, I would not have been delivered from the enemies attacks until I did take that time to Seek THE LORD and TRUTH.  We can cry all the day long, read self help books, browse facebook and instagram for inspiration, but I promise you, you will NEVER find what you need to battle the enemies advances there.  I am not saying you might not see a verse that enlightens you for a moment.  I am saying until you SEEK the one that CREATED you, you will not find that Peace that calms the waves.  HE and ONLY HE can do that.  

Seek HIM.  Establish yourself in HIM.  Plant your feet on HIS path. Being Established is a means to an everlasting "stillness" that only Your Heavenly Father can provide you.  If you feel like you are slipping, as I often have, STOP what you are doing or thinking and identify the fact that you are off track.  Lace those Spiritual shoes back up and Establish yourself , every step before you, in HIS TRUTH. 

SEEK ~ Don't SINK!! <3 


Comments